Carnegie Writing Scholarship
Carnegie Writing Renewal Requirements:
- Earn a minimum G.P.A. of 2.5.
- Submit a scholarship renewal application each spring, for approval by the English Department chairperson.
- Participate every year in at least one of the following activities:
- Serve on the staff of the Stentor;
- Join the staff of Tusitala;
- Join the staff of Collage;
- Participate in the yearbook project;
- Enroll in a writing course in the English Department (200 level or above);
- Perform a writing-related task to benefit the English Department (needs approval of the chairperson);
- Complete a writing intensive course, tutorial or internship for credit in the English Department (needs approval of chairperson);
- Complete a writing intensive course, tutorial or internship for credit in the English Department
(needs approval of chairperson);
- Tutor in the Writing Center (faculty recommendation required).
Forester Scholarships are renewable for up to four years for first-year students and on a pro-rated basis for transfer students.
For more information contact: